City Hall is your resource for
information and questions about our local government as well as services
offered in our community. Home to the Mayor and Council and all other
service departments, we welcome you to our city and encourage you to
call or stop by during business hours! Our Business Hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm - Monday thru Friday.
The City of New Boston Administrator is the chief administrator of
the City and is appointed by City Council. Listed below are just a few
of the responsibilities.
- Overseeing the performance of all Departments
- Implementing policies and ideas adopted by City Council
- Ensuring that all projects, operations, and functions of the City operate efficiently
- Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed by the City
- Responding to citizen concerns
The Administrator also works to develop the City's annual budget,
works with other administrators in the region, and performs other duties
assigned to the administrator per the request from City Council.
City Administrator is: Wayne Dial - Effective Aug 1, 2022. Wayne lives in Simms with his wife Connie. He comes to New Boston as the new City Administrator very well versed in the operation of a municipality, Wayne was the City Manager of Clarksville, TX for 12 years. After open heart surgery, he took some time off. Now, in 2022, this is his way of coming back home and doing what he loves doing and making a difference in the community.
Elizabeth Lee will remain temporarily assisting Wayne while he is getting acclimated and a new budget ready for Oct 1.
The City Secretary is a municipal officer appointed by the City Council. The duties of the City Secretary are as follows:
- Attend each meeting of the governing body of the municipality and shall keep, in a record provided for that purpose, accurate minutes of the governing body's proceedings.
- Engross and enroll all laws, resolutions, and ordinances of the governing body; keep the corporate seal; take charge of, arrange, and maintain the records of the governing body.
- Countersign all commissions issued to municipal officers and all licenses issued by the mayor and keep a record of those commissions and licenses.
- Prepare all notices required under any regulation or ordinance of the municipality.
- Draw all the warrants on the treasurer, countersign the warrants, and keep, in a record provided for that purpose, an accurate account of the warrants.
- Serves as the general accountant of the municipality and shall keep regular accounts of the municipal receipts and disbursements.
- Keep each cause of receipt and disbursement separately and under proper headings.
- Keep separate accounts with each person, including each officer, who has monetary transactions with the municipality.
- Credit accounts allowed by proper authority and shall specify the particular transaction to which each entry applies. The secretary shall keep records of the accounts and other information covered by this subsection.
- Keep a register of bonds and bills issued by the municipality and all evidence of debt due and payable to the municipality, noting the relevant particulars and facts as they occur.
- Carefully keep all contracts made by the governing body.
- Perform all other duties required by law, ordinance, resolution, or order of the governing body.
- Supervise the administrative and court staff.
The City Secretary is: Pollyanna Moore